MonkeyPox (Maymun Suçiçeği) Epidemic in Africa
Published Date: Friday, 16 November 2018
About Monkeypox Epidemic in Africa
Following the news regarding the monkeypox epidemic in Nigeria and observance of three cases in the surrounding countries, the authorities announced a list of precautionary measures to be taken by those who are planning to visit Central or West Africa.
1. Wash your hands with soap after contact with individuals
2. Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
3. Avoid contact with infected persons
4. Avoid contact with wild animals or any related products
Seek medical attention immediately in case you have the following symptoms during or after your visit:
- Fatigue, fewer, headache, muscle pain and swollen lymphs.